MBS Accounting Technology & Advisory (MBSATA) is a profitable, fast-growing, Technology and Accounting firm with over 20-years’ experience in providing Accounting, Bookkeeping, Accounting Technology and Advisory to Businesses and High-Net-Worth Individuals
MBSATA is headquartered in New York City and has clients domestically and internationally.
MBSATA is a dynamic company with a knowledgeable team of leader's with expertise in Accounting and Business that provides an emphasis on profitability, productivity, bookkeeping, accounting, and technology.
If hired in this role, you can make a significant impact within a seamless dynamic, team culture that compliments your innovation in technology, and use your initiative to continue to be creative, learning and working alongside management and a knowledgeable team of staff members.
MBSATA provides a casual yet professional work culture that compliments today’s market and strives to bring the best out of each staff member of our team.
We have an excellent benefits package including Continuing Education Funding, Flexible Schedules, Health Insurance, 401k, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance as well as a Matching Charitable Donation Program .
We are looking to add a few skilled and professional Accountants to work with our clients.
The accounting position plays an integral position with our firm and clients and is responsible for maintaining accurate and timely financial records for our clients. This position offers internal growth potential as well as professional development within a fast-growing accounting and technology company.
The position required strong leadership skills, with minimal supervision.
Please visit our website at https://mbsata.com/
Classification: Accounting Adviser
Reports to: Senior Accountant Adviser
In the performance of Senior Accountant respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision, Interact professionally with other employees, clients, and suppliers, work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Take care of all components of full-cycle accounting process and costs for clients.
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities for clients.
• Establish Chart of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
• Maintain, modify, and document record-keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly sales tax filing
• General ledger maintenance
• Balance sheet reconciliation
• Prepare payroll
• Administration of quarterly business and payroll taxes
• Vendor setup and maintenance
• Vendor statement reconciliation
• Accounts payable & receivables
• 1099 maintenance and processing
• Maintain or examine the records of government agencies.
• Provide internal and external auditing assistance for businesses or individuals.
• Understand the business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
• Assist accountants with tax preparations
• Assist with budget preparations.
• Collate and analyze account data and general financial reports.
• Develop and maintain internal control systems (i.e. accounting policies and procedures).
• Reconcile and balance all accounts (i.e. petty cash, bank, credit card, investments, and merchant statements).
• Comply with relevant reporting requirements and schedule as requested by the clients and accountants.
• Manage accounts payable and receivable (i.e. new vendor/customer database management, and timely processing of AP and AR.
• Assist with setting up bank feeds and 3rd party integration to cloud-based accounting solutions (i.e. QuickBooks, Intacct, Xero, Veem, Bill.com etc.).
• Assist with creating a new accounting file (i.e. creating a Chart of Accounts, posting of opening balance adjustments, other historical data import etc.).
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
• Assists Business Development with new client acquisition, performing new client file evaluation, writing sales proposal etc.
• Conduct periodic review of financial reports (i.e. aging payable and receivable items, maintaining fixed asset schedules, booking adjustments for depreciation, prepaid and accrual expenses etc.).
• Assist with other ad havoc projects as assigned by Management and the clients.
Attributes & Characteristics
• Analytical, quantitative, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
• Keen attention to detail and an innovative mindset
• Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency to meet business demands
• Able to work independently most of the time with little to no oversight
Work Requirements and Abilities/Skills
• Knowledge – Economics and accounting, mathematics, English language, administrative and clerical procedures, and systems knowledge, computers and electronics, administration and management principles, laws governing accounting. Knowledge of US GAAP principles.
• Skills – Active listening, problem-solving, reading comprehension, writing, critical thinking, speaking, and making judgments and decisions including complex problem solving, and good time management skills. Proficient in QBD, QBO and Xero ( additional Accounting programs - Sage Intacct, NetSuite etc a plus)
• Abilities – Mathematical reasoning, oral and written comprehension, deductive reasoning, effective communication of information and ideas in speaking with others.
• Other – Must be able to organize, plan and prioritize work, analyze data and information, communicate with supervisors, peers, and subordinates, maintain interpersonal relationships, must be exacting and accurate.
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Results Driven.
4. Customer/Client Focus.
5. Technical Capacity.
6. Experience with Audit Preparation
7. Ability to accommodate multiple clients with different sizes and across multiple industries.
8. Leadership and supervisory experience may be required and preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. May be required to lift to 10 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM, This position may require long hours and weekend work when needed.
Travel includes a combination of on-site and off-site visits to Clients' workplace. Must have the flexibility to travel to our headquarters in Flatiron as well as Client workplaces throughout the NYC area (Optional travel to out of state clients if available).
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
3 or more years of experience
Preferred Education and Experience
Knowledge and familiarity in the use of Word, Excel and similar programs as well as and understanding of GAAP principles.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Effective Communication, Continued Education of Accounting Programs.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States of America
MBS Accounting Technology and Advisory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. And all other miscellaneous job duties required to be done, as dictated by your manager to help in any other areas of the company.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
Your application was submitted successfully.